Anywhere 45000 - 55000 GBP Annually
1No of vacancies
The Systems Engineer will be a key member of the Systems team and will be applying their subject matter expertise and domain experience to support the Engineering Manager in delivering systems and products and through-life support programmes.
Skills and Experience
The Systems Engineer will be required to have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrable experience in the specification, design and development of complex systems, aligned to ISO-15288 (via Waterfall / V-Model engineering lifecycle frameworks)
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle including delivery and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
- Responsibility for driving and influencing the design and development through coordination of activities in accordance with Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques (e.g. requirements and acceptance management plan (RAMP), systems engineering management plan (SEMP), Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP))
- Reviewing and influencing the technical requirements and architectural design for allocation and realisation of systems, sub-systems and specialist domains (safety/security/ILS/ human factors engineering) to ensure the logical and systematic conversion to a complete, coherent and integrated set of equipment level requirements and designs to allow sub-contract design, development, qualification and acceptance
- Presentation of acceptance evidence at design reviews to senior and external stakeholders. Articulating a clear understanding of the technical risks associated with the area of responsibility at the review panels.
- Support the delivery of programme level design reviews, including stakeholder coordination, design baseline and voids management. Overseeing and input to the change management process and controlling project scope.
- Coordination and management legislative processes for system, sub-system and equipment design against legislation and standards
- Experience in requirements management in DOORS – preferred
- Knowledge and experience of agile principles using scrum framework – preferred.
- Experience using MBSE tools and techniques such as Sparx EA, Bizz Design, No Magic, SysML, UML, ArchiMate, TOGAF, SOSAF, or UAF - advantageous
- Experience of Radar, Sonar, Underwater weapons and Above water weapons - advantageous
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field - HND Plus Experience will be considered
- Strong scripting and technical skills
- Must be a UK Citizen Eligible or currenlty holds an SC
The Systems Engineer will produce the following deliverables and outputs;
- Production of systems engineering documentation such as System and Subsystem Requirements documents (SRD, SSRD), Verification Cross Reference Index (VCRI), and design documents such as the Systems Design Description (SDD).
- Collation, production and presentation of documentation to support systems design reviews and high-level system testing.
- Coordinate and contribute to System test and integration activities, with a focus of achieving integrated system certification and acceptance.
- Liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient engagement in support of system realisation.
- Ensure design proving evidence is comprehensive, captured within the requirements management tools and has been endorsed by the appropriate level of authority.
- Contribution to other project documentation such as Technical publications, operating instructions etc.
- Project documentations generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes
- Employee Health and Dental Cover
- 27 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Match upto 6%
- Employee Car Lease program
- Discount Portal
- Gym Membership Discount
- Cycle to Work